PenielStephens provides the following audit and assurance related services:
- External audit of financial statements as per local statutory requirements
- Review of financial statements
- Agreed upon procedures engagements
- Special purpose audits and Project Audits
- IFRS reporting
- Cost audits
- Audit of retirement benefit plans
- Certifications and attestation under relevant laws and regulations
Our audit approach is supported by the core objective of audit of financial statements; which is to express an independent opinion on whether the financial statements as a whole have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to give a true and fair view of the financial position and results of the entity. In order to achieve the objective (and to express an opinion), we perform our audit in accordance with International Standards on Auditing (ISA).
We focus on obtaining sufficient, reliable and relevant audit evidence to form an opinion. This involves making the best use of resources available to us, the expertise of our professional staff and their time. Given the objective and the diversity of clients we serve, we have developed an audit approach that provides a high degree of flexibility with an emphasis on exercise of professional judgment in performing the audit to meet the specific requirements of each client.
Our approach has four key factors:
- Understanding the client – business, risks and needs
- Developing client service strategy based on our understanding of client
- Translating the strategy into an effective and efficient programme of work for the audit
- Drawing appropriate conclusions from the results of audit procedures performed.